A wide range of lower back pain treatments are available depending on the cause of the pain, its severity and for how long it will last. Whatever pain you have, it is and will always be subjective. Pain is not the same for all; it varies from person to person. Which is why doctor would mind asking you to rate your own pain, from 1 (less pain) to 10 (high pain) and the pain duration and causes. When you can answer those important questions, you are helping your doctor to decide the best and suitable treatment for you.
Because of the person’s improper use of body parts when lifting, sitting, standing or carrying heavy load, back pain can be felt. Low back pain has the most number of complaints made by people who are old (50-60 up), those people with sedentary lifestyle and those who drive for longer hours. Even if low back pain is just a mild health condition and doesn’t pose great threat to life, it still considered a health problem for most people. More so, it’s a good news for all of us that back injuries over the workers have been decreased lately because of an increased awareness in which the article would also want to share.
There have been a lot of measures for prevention and lower back pain treatments that are deemed effective, such as: home self care, drug intake and medical interventions.
Be mindful that when you are always ready to adopt simple changes in your lifestyle and is totally willing to submit self for consultation and check-ups, there will be a big improvement in your health most especially in your low back pain.
-The best sleeping position for persons with low back pain is side lying with pillows in between knees.
– They can also lie flat on bed with pillows under knees.
– These positions can relieve pain while sleeping and gives you a relaxing feeling.
*Never ever dare to prolong your bed rest for more than 2 days as it can damage more your back.
– The exercises are meant to strengthen back muscles and allows movement and flexibility, these include pelvic tilt, back twist, hamstring chest, knee to chest, shoulder shrug, hip stretcher, adductor stretch, etc.
– Walking should also be a part of your exercise. This is the best exercise for your lower back.
– Doing exercises can be the best way to help sufferers of low back pain to go back to their normal day to day activities.
– Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin).This is indicated for a short-treatment of low back pain. If taken for a long time, you may be at risk of gastric ulcers or gastric bleeding.You should take this with meal. So for safety, consult with your health care provider about the right way of taking this medication.
– You can use it alternately and should not exceed for more than 15 minutes.
– Hot compress in a form of hot bottled water with towel around it can be directly applied to help decrease inflammation.
– Cold therapy in a form of ice packs can effectively decreased back pain as cold has anesthetic effect.
– This lengthens the recovery period of the back, as it can likely develop depression.
– Muscle tone can be weakened.
– when pain is chronic, it is best to consult with your doctor for proper treatment.
– These drugs are very effective and the foundation of all medical treatments in relieving back pain.
– COX-2 inhibitors (Celecoxib). This is also a good pain medication and prevents bleeding in the gastrointestinal area (stomach).
– Tablets/Capsules. These form of drugs are usually indicated for persons with acute low back pain.
– Injections. It can give a faster relief from pain because with this form of steroids, absorption is faster than oral. More so, it is very necessary that a health care professional will inject the drug to the patient.
-It helps decreases pain and increases activity.
-The session can be done 3 times a week for the beginning and then increase slowly depending on the doctor’s predicament.
– Massage can be therapeutic as it can lessen muscle spasm.
– This is done only by licensed professionals such as an osteopath, chiropractor, physical therapist and spinal specialist.
– If the patient already experienced a pain-free feeling after the first session, second session may not be needed.However, it is the role of your doctor to tell you if you still need a second session or not.
True enough that lower back pain treatments are wide in scope.Different approaches can be done for low back pain. As such, there are no rooms for excuses and reasons for people not to be relieved with pain especially if one is being treated. Most often than not, the success of treatment is greatly attributed to YOU as the patient if you are careful enough to do your daily activities, if you are religious enough to take your medications and if you are willing enough to submit self into consultations, check ups and therapies. Are you just good at start and when pain subsides, you no longer continue the given treatment? If YES, pain will only reoccur and so treatment is just a waste of time and effort. If pain goes back, it’s you who to be blamed. You see, when treatments are laid down to you, the best thing you can do is to follow all those things. Always bear in mind that HEALTH is all about you. Give importance on it!
If you’d like to discover an even more powerful strategy on upper back pain relief, check out my website where I’ll show you the most effective information I know.
I’m just getting warmed up. If you liked to know more about how to strengthen lower back, check out the real covert things on my website that even the doctor doesn’t know which are helpful to your back.
I know that back pain can be extremely challenging. Let me share with you the tips that will REALLY get rid of your back pain. Just click through to my website.
Related Back Pain Treatments Articles